An important part of Eastwind’s purpose is education, either through the therapeutic process, experiential workshops, or didactic classes. Our intent is to provide high-quality offerings to both professionals and the general public. Please check back often, as the selection of classes may change and new classes may become available.
Classes For The General Public
These classes will be offered on a scheduled or as-requested basis. Unless otherwise specified, the only requirement for eligibility is your interest! (Details such as dates, times, and cost will be announced as the class is offered)
- Creative Visualization with Joseph Mizelle –Wednesdays, July 18th – August 8th, 2018. 7 to 8:30pm
This class will be held next door to Eastwind at Heartland Yoga. Creative Visualization is the art of using mental energy to transform your life towards its own highest expression of good. It is an experiential approach that focuses on achieving goals and desires through techniques of relaxation, active imagination, and visualization, all supported by practical actions in daily life. This four-week course will explore the theory and practice of creative visualization in an enjoyable and supportive group learning environment. We will be learning how to use the mind to get to an experience of joy, ease, and flow with life, all while learning how to clarify and manifest goals and desires through powerful, fun techniques that are a joy to use! Cost is $120 for 4 weeks. Questions or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emotional Freedom Technique – Also known as “tapping,” EFT consists of tapping with your fingertips on specific acupuncture meridian points while working with traumatic memories and a variety of emotions. It just might be the thing that sets you free from old, dysfunctional patterns of thought, feeling, and behavior. Deceptively simple, but powerful. Taught by Angela Amias, LISW and Megan Matthews, LISW.
- Meditation – Learn the techniques of the practice that brings relaxation, stress relief, even spiritual Enlightenment. Several major techniques, as well as the theory behind meditation, setting up a meditation practice, and other practical considerations will be covered. Come prepared to practice, as this is an experiential class. Details on materials, etc. will be provided when the class is scheduled. Taught by Candida Maurer, PhD.
- Nutrition and Health – These classes will cover a number of aspects around this important, though often neglected, relationship. The classes will be taught by Eastwind’s functional medicine physician Julia Buchkina, MD, who operates Upstream Functional Medicine.
- Reiki – All levels of the Usui (Takata) system are offered. Students will learn this amazing energy healing technique to help themselves and others. It is simple to learn, is independent of any religious orientation, and is very effective. See here for more information on Reiki. These classes will be taught by Reiki Master Joseph Mizelle, LMT.
- Spiritual Development – These talks are free-ranging discussions, including techniques, around personal/spiritual growth. Candida will use her extensive background and experience in these areas to assist students in unlocking their potential to live a happier, fuller life, while being a positive force for all these around them.
Classes for Healthcare Professionals
Eastwind is dedicated to training healthcare professionals to understand and apply the underlying principles of mind-body therapy through educational programs and workshops. It is our strong belief that people heal more deeply and effectively when therapy is integrated with body psychology and spiritual practice. All classes will be offered on a scheduled or as-requested basis. (Continuing education units may be available, depending on the student’s profession and license requirements.)
- Dream Analysis – This look at “the royal road to the unconscious” covers a practical method of dream analysis, based in Carl Jung’s archetypal theory, mythology, metaphor, and personal meaning to the dreamer. Emphasis is placed on the dream’s meaning to the dreamer, rather than a canned list of general meanings. This class is taught by Candida Maurer, PhD.
- Energy Medicine – The broad field of energy medicine has many expressions. This class focuses on techniques and orientations that are easy learned and immediately applicable. Taught by Candida Maurer, PhD, the class is based in her many years of training in and experience with various modalities.
- Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy – This class is an 8-week course introducing hypnotic theory and technique for healthcare practitioners. Students will learn basic hypnotherapy techniques for a variety of concerns, including pain management, habit disorders, mind-body therapy, trauma release, and other topics as needed. Each class will include both theory and practice, so that students will leave having confidence that they can create competent hypnotic states for their clients. Taught by Candida Maurer, PhD.
- Psycho-Spiritual Energetics – Based in his widely varied experience, training, and personal exploration, Michael Santangelo, ND, PhD has blended techniques and theory from the areas of energy medicine, sound healing, traditional Chinese medicine, meditation, Tarot, and the Western mystery tradition into a cutting edge, powerful combination of interventions. Students will learn the theory and practice of this approach to healing, and become comfortable with designing an individualized treatment program to supplement any other skills they may have from their own backgrounds. This system is applicable to a wide variety of disciplines, such as acupuncture, psychotherapy, massage, etc. Psycho-Spiritual Energetics is discussed in Eastwind blog posts here and here.
To register for classes or for more information, call (319) 337-3313 or email Eastwind.
Check back often for new classes and updated scheduling.
*Please note that some classes are available to any interested person at the discretion of the instructor.